Today marks 22 years since the murder, persecution and ethnic cleansing of Krajina Serbs from Ravni Kotari

Posted on January 23, 2015 by

0



Today marks 22 years since the aggression of Croatian armed forces in the southern parts of the Republic of Serbian Krajina and military operation “Maslenica” which resulted in murdering  348 Serbs, including 35 women and three children under the age of 12,   say Documentation and Information Centre “Veritas “.

After aggression of  Croatian regular army in the area with the status of the UN protected zone, another 165 people lost their lives,  while eight persons are still missing.

From the area of ​​looted and burned Serbian villages  over 10,000 Serbs have been expelled and they fled worldwide.

One of the worst crimes occurred on the first day of the Neonazi Croatian aggression, 22 January 1993 when the Croatian soldiers on the ridge of Mali Alan on Velebit mt,  at the very eyes of the UNPROFOR staff  bestially massacred 22 members of the Serbian Krajina Army of Gracac area including 26 years old nurse Dusanka Gacesa.

Mole se

The saddest anniversary – candles for 165 murdered and 10 000 expelled Serbs 

“Veritas” indicates that during the Croatian aggression, numerous Orthodox Christian holy cites and ancient churches,  cemetaries were desecrated, destroyed and torned down by Croatian forces, including the Palace of Stojan Jankovic in Islam Grcki,  with the church of St. George from the 17th century, where famous writer Vladan Desnica was buried, the church of St. George in Smokvici, consecrated in 1576.  and the church of St. Elias in Kasici, consecrated in 1872.Krajina soldier ripped

The mutilated corpse of a Krajina Serbian soldier.  Croat troops had stripped the flesh from the upper torso, leaving only the spine and ribs.

“Although the aggression was carried out in the UN protected zone and before the very eyes of many UNPROFOR soldiers so far neither before international nor before national courts, no one of the murderers has been prosecuted for crimes committed against Serbs in this action,”  “Veritas” reminds.

Their  statement says that the operation under code name “Maslenica” was planned by Janko Bobetko, Ante Gotovina, Ante Roso, Mirko Norac and Mladen Markac, with the knowledge and approval of Franjo Tudjman, then president and supreme commander of the Croatian armed forces.

“At the time of this aggression, the chief of artillery sector` Velebit` was Agim Ceku, who later became the commander of the so-called Kosovo Liberation Army / KLA /, and self-proclaimed Prime Minister of Kosovo. “

On the occasion of 22 years of suffering of Serbs in the Ravni Kotar and nineteen and a half years after the end of the war, “Veritas” indicates that the Ravni Kotari villages, to the shame of the Croatian state and the international community, are still area of ​​no return of displaced Serbs.

Memorial service for the Serbs of Ravni Kotari and Velebit who were murdered by Croatian forces in ‘Maslenica’ op. was served today in St. Mark’s Church in Belgrade.

“Veritas” chairman Savo Strbac said that in late 1996, the Prosecutor’s Office in Serbia investigated crimes in Maslenica and all the collected evidences have beem sent to Croatia, but no one has been held accountable for crimes so far.
“This is pure obstruction by the state of Croatia. Seven years ago they received evidences, and yet nothing has been done.”

Chairman  of the Association of victims killed in “Operation Storm”, Cedomir Maric reminds that for last 18 years the memorial after Serbs perished in Maslenica has been served in Belgrade, and that this is a day of remembrance and a day of memory of the victims.
“Unfortunately, Croatia celebrates the five dates of mass killing of Serbs – “Miljevacki plato” 1992,  “Maslenica” and “Medacki dzep”  1993 and “Bljesak” and  “Oluja”, 1995, and 21 years later there was no  trial nor judgement for the responsible for crimes.
He said that in Croatia, under the slogan “We were bound to liberate occupied territory” committed crimes, noting that it was “pointless, since it would then mean that the Serbs occupied their own areas and homes “.
President of the Coalition of Associations of Refugees Miodrag Linta stressed that in Croatia there is no will to investigate and punish the perpetrators of crimes against Serbs.
The memorial service was organized by the Association of Families of Missing and Killed Persons “Tears” from Belgrade.
After the memorial,  wreaths were laid at the memorial to Serbian victims killed in the wars in the former Yugoslavia from 1991 to 2000 in Tasmajdan park.
The operation of the Croatian Army “Maslenica 93” was performed on 22 January 1993 in the Ravni Kotar and Velebit, which was under UN protection. The action of the Croatian Army from the area of Ravni Kotar expelled over 10,000 Serbs, so that this area remains totally ethnically cleansed of Serbs.

 

Sources: http://www.srna.rs/novosti1/172773/sluzen-parastos-za-srbe-stradale-u-ravnim-kotarima.htm

http://lat.rtrs.tv/vijesti/vijest.php?id=134642

http://www.kurir.rs/parastos-za-srbe-stradale-u-ravnim-kotarima-clanak-614713

Advertisements